“The church should be a therapeutic community.”
So declared Christian psychologist Dr. Hobert Mowrer and Asbury Seminary president Dr. Frank Bateman Stanger. The vision of Arise Christian Fellowship is to see people healed in their whole persons—spirit, soul, and body—and to empower people find real freedom in Christ, thus transforming their lives and personalities through spiritual growth and discipleship. In so doing, they can experience the full dimensions of the higher Christian life, the risen life—encountering Jesus Christ as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King.
- Wholeness for the Whole Person. As A.B. Simpson has said, “To be holy is to be whole.” Our spirit, soul, and body are interdependent and affect the health of each other. When an environment is created to draw a person near to Christ, He can reveal hidden blockages to healing the whole person.
- Becoming a Community of Healing. Based on our Alliance/Fourfold Gospel heritage (Jesus Christ as Healer—symbolized by the pitcher of anointing oil), we provide a community of healing—an atmosphere that fosters, faith, repentance, the power of worship and the word of God, releasing people from the past and inner bondages. We become a “nursery of faith” or an “incubator” where faith can grow and hindrances to healing can be removed. Suffering people need others to come alongside, lift them up, exercise their faith when the faith of the person is week, carry them to Jesus, and remove the blockages to receiving the healing power of Jesus. Arise Christian Fellowship is called to be such a community of healing
Healing Ministry Opportunities at Arise Christian Fellowship
Sunday morning worship weekly—10:30 am—we always are available to provide an opportunity for prayer ministry during or after the worship service. As A.W. Tozer has said, “The Presence of God is more important than the program.” We never want a person to go without receiving prayer and counsel for your needs.
Wednesday Community of Healing Prayer and Training—7 pm weekly
- Training healing prayer partners to be sensitive to hear the Holy Spirit and sensitive to the person’s needs, to exercise the gifts of the Spirit in healing prayer
- Extended times of healing prayer to receive soaking prayer over about a 20-30 minute prayer time of seeking God, listening for insights from the Holy Spirit and time for the Spirit to work within the person’s mind, will, emotions and entire inner being.
- You are invited to come and receive prayer for any need as well as to receive training in healing and spiritual warfare ministries and using the gifts of the Spirit to minister to the needs of people hurting spiritually, emotionally or physically.
Freedom Appointments, using the Freedom in Christ biblical discipleship counseling model. Note: Arise Christian Fellowship is a Certified Community Freedom Ministry (CFM), and Pastor Paul King and Angela Meek are certified Community Freedom Ministry Associates (CFMA).
Seminars on Healing, Spiritual Warfare, the Holy Spirit and Revival by Pastor Paul King who has taught courses on these ministries in churches, Bible schools, and seminaries around the world.